Effective as of May 15, 2019
Green Cross Inc. (“GCI”) Data Privacy Statement
At GCI, we understand that you expect us to protect your personal data and use it fairly and lawfully. GCI, as well as its employees and personnel, are committed to complying with its obligations under Republic Act No. 10173, or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other relevant laws, rules, and regulations, including the issuances of the National Privacy Commission (these shall collectively be referred to as the “Philippine Data Protection Laws”) to ensure that your personal data is secure.
This statement outlines the general privacy policies of GCI in processing your personal data. For additional information on our privacy policies, our privacy policies are available [here].
Collection of Personal Data
- We only collect and process personal data that is reasonably necessary to fulfill the identified purpose(s) of processing. This means that we do not collect personal data that is not relevant and/or potentially excessive in light of our planned data processing.
- Except in cases allowed by the Philippine Data Protection Laws, we shall ensure that your consent has been properly and lawfully obtained prior to the processing and disclosure of your personal data. In this regard, we may provide you with separate forms that should be read together with this privacy statement and our privacy policies, so that you are provided with the necessary information on the processing of your personal data and for purposes of obtaining your consent.
- We may collect personal data from you including your name, contact information (mobile/landline, e-mail and/or address), photographs, or videos, among others when you:
- purchase our products;
- request for customer services, or information on our products or services, (including providing feedback or reviews);
- apply for a position for employment with our company;
- make requests in line with our potential or on-going partnerships or business relationships;
- participate in activities, programs, events, promotions and other marketing activities which you decide to join in; or
- participate in market research, surveys, analysis and other similar activities that you have agreed to join in.
Purpose for Processing Personal Data
- Where required by Philippine Data Protection Laws, we shall identify the purposes for which personal data will or may be used prior to collecting that personal data in the applicable consent forms. These purposes may include the following:
- to register you as a user of our products or a participant in any of our services or activities;
- to register you as a supplier, vendor, distributor or retailer, of supplies or services to GCI;
- assessing and processing requests made by you with respect to our products and services;
- communicating with you in relation to your requests or with respect to our business transactions;
- carrying out human resources and other functions (if you are an applicant or employee of GCI);
- conducting verification, background checks, or validations in relation to our business transaction with you or as may be required by our risk management procedures; and
- any other purpose which is required by a legal obligation or upon which you have provided your consent.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is still relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. In this regard, we will put in place measures so that your personal data in our possession or under our control is properly destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (a) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (b) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal purposes.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Data
In some cases, GCI may need to disclose or transfer your personal data to third parties for any one or more of the above purposes or in line with GCI’s business activities. In this regard, the disclosure or transfer of personal data shall generally be made upon your consent and, when required by law, in accordance with a data sharing agreement between GCI and such third parties. Should personal data be transferred to our third-party service providers, the necessary outsourcing agreement shall be executed to protect personal data transferred to these parties.
We shall implement reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures to ensure the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of your personal data. These security measures shall guard against risks such as accidental loss or destruction, and human dangers such as unlawful access, fraudulent misuse, unlawful destruction, alteration, and contamination of personal data.
Rights and Freedoms as Data Subjects
GCI understands and recognizes your rights as data subjects in accordance with the Philippine Data Protection Laws, which include your rights to information, object, access, rectification, erasure or blocking, lodging a complaint, damages, and data portability. You may exercise any of your rights as recognized by the Philippine Data Protection Laws by submitting your written request to our Data Protection Officer through any of the following modes:
- Mail at 14th Floor Common Goal Tower Finance corner Industry Streets Madrigal Business Park, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila, Philippines 1770
- Call at +63 2 877 8888 local 1261 or +63 917 832 2626
- Email at email@example.com
Amendments to Privacy Policies
Our privacy policies and practices will be continuously assessed against legal developments, new technologies, business practices, our processing systems, as well as your needs. As we update and diversify our products and services, our privacy policies may evolve. In the event we make changes to our privacy policies, we will publish such amendments and/or the amended policy on our website and notify you by email, through pop-up windows or other means.